Re: [gardeners] Definately one word. ;-)

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 17:22:20

At 12:38 PM 10/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> The folk of Massachusetts were pretty kind
>>to a young sailor from Texas back then.
>>
>>George, whose long term memory is getting much better than his short term
>>memory
>
> Yeah, the folks from Rhode Island too. That's how I ended up with a father
>inlaw who's from just south of Dallas. <VBG>

Yeah, they were good too, I was stationed in Newport, RI for well over a
year. Rock beaches, cold water, good fishing, rock fences, rock houses,
rock barns, rock soup. Lots of rocks. I was also totally amazed at the
Acadian folk who had dropped off around Pawtucket on the trip to Louisiana.
Were your ancestors originally French Acadians or what?

> After my inlaws got married they lived in Rhode Island and Mass for 27
years.
> When he moved down here I suggested he milk the Tejas connection for all
>it's worth. His wife and the rest of us Yankee's will just have to struggle
>through life. ;-)
>

>Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net> or <garden@juno.com>
>USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.

It's surprising how tolerant we southerners are of Yankees. Most of us
figure it isn't your fault that you weren't born in the south. Texans are
the worse ones of the lot, we truly pity folk who weren't born in Texas. <VBG>

George