Re: [gardeners] Re:Sons

Linda Baranowski-Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 00:00:11 -0400

George Shirley wrote:

>We find the large grandchildren a lot of fun but think they must be
>throwbacks. ...
I'm 5'7" now, shrunk down from 5"8" and Miz Anne is 5'6" and we
>have a son who is about 6 feet tall or maybe a couple inches over. Go
>figure on the big kids. Must be nutrition or something.

Suppose this is a trend?  My husband is 5'9" and I'm 5'3" (shrunk from
5'4").  We have four kids (two girls, two boys).  The girls are each 5'9"
and the boys are 6'2" and 6'4".  My husband says his growth was stunted
because of carrying heavy feed bags on a turkey farm where he worked while
a teenager.  Claims he would have been over 6' if all that turkey feed
weight hadn't compressed him.  Well, I don't buy that explanation but
genetics doesn't seem to expain it either.  Nutrition?  Are you saying that
McDonald's burgers make the kids get taller?

Linda in NW Ohio near Toledo/Lake Erie, USDA Zone 5
llbs@mail.glasscity.net