Re: [gardeners] Thanksgiving thoughts.

Barbara J. Davis (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Oct 1998 12:58:01 -0500

> Allen and Judy Merten <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:
>
> >     I intend to celebrate our Thanksgiving this year as in the
> > past with pride in my country, and a happy heart that my ancestors
> > had both the good sense and the good fortune to come here. Anything
> > else is hogwash. Allen Bastrop Co.,Tx

Yes, I too am thankful to have been born and reared in this country
and that my forefathers survived.  This might be a good time for us
all to review the history of our country---the original migrations from
the Asian mainland, the tribal developments, conflicts over territory,
incursions from various nations searching for treasure, immigration,
war, etc.

> To the victors go the spoils.  Amen, Allen.
>
> Liz

Yes, that is always the case.  To the strong or more numerous or
more advanced technologically goes the victory.

Barbara Davis       southwest of Fort Worth, TX