Re: [gardeners] Re:Scalleywags? Definately one word. ;-)

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 07:10:32 -0600

At 08:09 AM 10/16/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have a long time friend who lives in Silas, Alabama. He says Silas is
>so far out in the country they get their mail in Mississippi. He also
>doesn't curse but freely uses scalawag, rapscallion, rascal, and such
>old English terms. Kinda interesting to listen to him when he really
>gets ticked off about something.
>
>George

Chuck worked  building theatrical sets one time with a retired minister.
The minister said, "Oh, the dickens!" one day and Chuck turned to see that
the man had cut off one of his fingers on the table saw.  That would not
have been my reaction.  Margaret