Re: [gardeners] Re: a hardy Pampas grass

Matt Trahan (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 17 Oct 1998 00:41:09 -0400

>Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 23:19:26 -0400
>From: Cynthia Mayeaux <cmayeaux@traverse.com>
>Subject: Re: [gardeners] Re: a hardy Pampas grass
>
>At 02:34 AM 10/4/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Hi Cynthia,
>> Congrats on your great aquisitions. How hardy is Pampas Grass?
>>
>>Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net> or <garden@juno.com>
>>USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.
>>

>Well Matt, that's a very good question...we shall see, it seems to be in
>rather bad shape right now.  I really won't know until next spring.  The
>nursery had several awesome clumps that they said were about four years old.
>
>Cynthia (catching up, catching up)
>
>**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
>**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**

 The reason I ask is some of the regular pampas grass here in zone 8 can
die back when we have a "hard" winter. (no laughing)
 A buddy of my father inlaw still lives up in Mass. (USDA zone 5/6) and he
wanted to try some. I would rather get him something I expect to live.
 Anyone got any info on Pampas grass in climates colder than USDA zone 8?