[gardeners] (Fwd) Delivery failure (gardeners@globalgardens.com)

asidv@fbg.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 22:11:17 +0000

THIS IS A FORWARDED MSG. BECAUSE I MESSED UP ON THE ADDRESSING
Mr Giannou wrote, in part:

> The mycorrhiza product I do sell, has never been mentioned on that list by
> me and neither has it ever been offered by me on the list as something for
> sale.... and now you want some kind of apology?  Get real!!

> I am disconnecting from that list.
> Thomas Giannou
> Spokane, Washington
> And it's Greek, not French....
--------
Dear Mr. Giannou:
In an earlier, gentler time when a person refused to make a necessary
apology and substituted an epithet (in this instance, the use of
"Get real!!), that person was henceforth offered "the cut direct."
That is, the person ceased to exist and was no longer recognized on
meeting. In taking yourself from this list, Mr Giannou, you
relieve me of such a drastic reaction and for that you have my
gratitude. One should not sink to specific acts of discourtesy.
however well earned.

I am certain I speak for all in wishing you success in all your
future endeavors. And I do apologize to the French Canadians for
thinking you of that group; I am certain they are relieved as well.
Pat