Re: [gardeners] Re: Mycorrhiza questions...

Tue, 20 Oct 1998 08:05:44 -0700

Allen and Judy Merten wrote:

> Hi Gardeners,
>     I have found that I can plant tomatos in the same area if I have to
> as long as I plant resistant varieties and do not have a nematode problem
> to begin with. I prefer to rotate my tomatos as well as other crops
> because I have enough room. For the average home gardeners this may not
> be a viable option. I have used MEDINA which is touted as a soil
> stimulator. It seemed to improve results in soil with a poor tilth and a
> poor response to fertilizer.
>     Allen
>     Bastrop Co.,Tx
>     Zone 8
We've used Medina for years, it's made in Hondo, TX. We use it primarily
for the addition of trace minerals to a soil that gets 65 plus inches of
rain per year. It does appear to stimulate soil fertility but assume
that's the effect of the trace elements.

George