Re: [gardeners] Saturday

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 15 Nov 1998 23:23:47 -0600

Hi Catharine,
    You know that these people put their heart in it when the whole family is
cooking and hand rolling tamales. I have witnessed some of my Mexican friends
families making homemade tamales. It is amazing and heart warming to see them
all laughing and working together. I was never allowed to participate in the
operation. The head of the family said that me being a guest it would have been
disrespectful to themselves to have a guest make tamales. I did get to
participate in the fun and laughter though. They were great people, and great
friends, they also made great tamales.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.,Tx