Re: [gardeners] Big Max, Little Max??

Carol Wallace (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 05 Dec 1998 00:52:06 -0500

Michael & Bambi Cantrell wrote:

> Catharine,
>
> Rocks?  In the soil?  You mean there are places with rocks in the soil?
> Like where you would hit them with a shovel or drill?
>
> My, my...  Some folks really do have it tough...

Bambi,
You mean a pickax and pry bar aren't part of your regular garden tool
assortment? We've built whole walls and paves paths with what I dig up each year
just trying to plant in the cultivated area. Frost has even heaved large
fieldstones into the nice, originally stone-free raised bed area.

I can't imagine a garden without rocks. I guess that's why my mattock is one of
my favorite garden tools.
Carol
--
Virtually Gardening