[gardeners] Winter??? (was zone 6 vs. zone 15)

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 07 Dec 1998 05:50:40 -0500

At 12:22 AM 12/7/98 -0500, you wrote:
><snip>Strangers call out to each other,
>"How do you like this winter weather...???"...  <snip>>
>Mary in England -- are you having bizarre weather over there?
>
>Penny, NY zone 6

I don't know about Mary, but here in Northern Michigan we are usually
buried under a foot or two of snow by this time of year.  I've been out in
my shirt sleeves and picked some new radishes that had re-seeded
themselves.  I've got blue and pink mist Scabiosa still blooming.  So far
this has been crazier than last year's winter.

We got a small glop of snow last night.  Barely covers the ground, but it
is so wet and heavy that my grasses are laid right down.

Cynthia (who has no fear that we will still have a white christmas)

**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **