Re: Winged bean seed source was RE: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V1 #390

coneh@uswest.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:46:41 -0800

To my knowledge the only area (commerically)thats had any real (still
limited)success growing these in the US is Florida..Perhaps you'll break the
odds.In Northern short growing areas, very difficult as they are short day
bearers,just when we are getting too cool for true tropicals such as
this..However they are so, worthy word has it the seed breeders are working on
a more adaptable seed for US use.The protein content is very high rendering it
a very nutritous food source.
Connie