Re: [gardeners] Pruning Althea

David G. Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 17 Dec 1998 06:13:12 -0500

I think some people down the street from us cut theirs back so that not
much but the main trunk is left.  New branches come out in all directions
from the top.  I haven't actually paid attention when they were pruned, I'm
just basing this on the way they look now (thick trunk 3-4 feet tall, with
lots of small branches and no intermediate-sized branches).

David Smith