Re: [gardeners] So what are you doing for the winter solstice?

Sun, 20 Dec 1998 08:33:05 -0600

When I wrote the post the ambient temp was about 38F, yesterday it warmed
up to 76F and is expected to do the same today. Our winter garden is
growing like a spring garden, green tomatoes as big as baseballs, cukes
just played out as did the green beans. Lots of carrots, kohlrabi,
radishes, chard, collards, cabbages but no more eggplant, the light frost
got the last plant. Strangely the Thai Hots are still bearing and blooming
as are the Longhorn chiles. Weird "winter" weather for us.

George