Re: [gardeners] tomato seed experiment

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:05:40 -0600

Hi Barbara,
    After years of raising tomatos, I have found out that I prefer the
medium tomato. You get more of them, less time for insects to damage
them, less blossom end rot also. I like to eat them like apples when I am
in the garden picking this and that.  I have also found that the largest
tomatos even when the plant is staked or caged suffers much more damage
from wind and has a tendency to fall over after heavy rains.The larger
tomatos usually suffer more from checking and splitting too.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.,Tx