Re: [gardeners] Food Steamer

Sat, 02 Jan 1999 16:06:20 -0600

Yup, haven't tried scallops, too pricey around here. Shrimp and fish are excellent
steamed as are blue crabs. We never boil shrimp or crabs but always steam them
with a little Old Bay seasoning in the steaming water. You have to watch fish
carefully until you figure the time you need or you can steam them to mush without
meaning to. I steamed some whole bass the other day with a couple of rosemary
twigs in the steamer. Superb!

George