Re: [gardeners] Daphne, camellias, and weather

Sat, 02 Jan 1999 16:03:07 -0600

We're under a freeze warning here in zone 9b, something we're not looking
forward to. Nothing left out in the open here that can't either handle a freeze
or is already dying back. Stuff in greenhouse appears happy and warm.

Went to the home supply stores with my best friend today. Sam and I walked our
legs off and talked each others ears off discussing future "projects." Ended up
buying some drywall type screws and a few odds and ends and off to a Tex-Mex
restaurant for lunch. Pretty good grub and the help all speaks fluent Mexican
Spanish, that's all the cooks speak so it must be authentic. It tasted like
home in Texas and I got to practice my rusty Spanish too. While we were eating
a fellow walked in that looked familiar and sure enough he was, I worked with
him in Saudi Arabia and he is an American of Lebanese birth so I got to
practice my bad Arabic too. A good time was had by all and we had a three hour
lunch. A good day with friends.

George, back home to put the pot roast on