Re: [gardeners] green houses

Thu, 07 Jan 1999 16:39:00 -0600

Our greenhouse is an old one that was given to us by friends. We
dismantled it, did repairs to dry rotted wood and then put it back
together. Never again!! The blasted thing had been custom built by a wood
butcher, no two pieces of wood were the same length or cut at the same
angle. Next time I build one from scratch. Won't use fiberglas the next
time either. Saw some really neat polycarbonate sheeting at Home Depot the
other day. Wonder if Miz Anne would mind me having two greenhouses for a
short while? Hmmm, I could wait until she goes to visit her momma again.
Oh yeah, make it about twice as big as you figure you'll need. I can't
even get my stuff in the greenhouse for all Miz Anne's potted plants that
are in there. The thing is twelve feet wide and fourteen feet long and
needs to be doubled. Either that or we gotta kill some plants this year.

George