Re: [gardeners] Signs of Spring??? -Reply

Penny Nielsen (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 19 Jan 1999 18:04:50 -0400

Well this winter is a rehash of last year and if I recall correctly, last spring was late in arriving.  But, I can handle that if the winter is like last year :-).

No comments George on your gardening escapades 'cept I'm envious, no down right jealous.  Great for you.  Now can you tell me how to prepare jicamas (probably can't even spell it right).  Saw them in the store at Christmas and actually recognized the name and now I want to buy one and try it - on the road to my N.Y.'s resolution.

Penny in Halifax, N.S.

>>> George Shirley <gshirley@laol.net> 01/19 3:34 pm >>>
I kept hearing robins chirping the other day and thought it was a pair that
are resident here year around. Nope, must have been 20 or 30 out on the lawn
scouting around. Reckon you're right Bill, I believe we're going to have an
early spring this year.

George