Re: [gardeners] Manure and food safety

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 14:41:02 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 22 Jan 1999, John Harman wrote:

> 	Would be a huge costly task in a country like the US. massive
> infrastructure to convert. I remember switching to decimal currency back
> in '66, caused a huge heap of confusion here.

The dual system is already costly to consumers here... we need both
metric and SAE tools to work on cars, for instance, repairs to many
things are a nightmare if you're not sure if you're dealing with metric
threaded or common-thread screws, etc.

Not to mention that it's a whole lot easier to do calculations on a
decimal system, instead of having to convert pounds to ounces, then
divide into dollars...  ;-)

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
who really appreciates the John Deere philosophy that tractors should be
repairable with only two sizes of screwdrivers and three sizes of
wrenches.  Especially when she's trying to figure out what to do with
all of hubby's tools.  And wondering why metric socket wrenches should
be designed to fit 1/4" drives.  :-p