[gardeners] Re:germinating osha

bsk (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 24 Jan 1999 17:57:45 -0600

Not much out there on this plant!

Look at the 2nd picture on theis URL

http://metalab.unc.edu/herbs/gallery.html
Osha root, Ligusticum porterii, was a favorite herbal remedy of Native
Americans. Now it is threatened by overcollection in the Western United States.

http://balsam.methow.com/~gwooten/chem/hrbdata.htm
Osha, roots (Ligusticum porteri, Umbelliferae). Uses: stomachic, respiratory
agent, antipyretic, snakebite agent.
bsk