Re: [gardeners] Friday In The Garden

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 23:05:40 -0500

At 08:23 AM 1/29/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Woke up about daylight this morning to a nice drizzling rain and
>realized today was MINE, no work to do outside the homestead. Pulled on
>some shorts and a tee shirt, staggered out to the greenhouse with a cup
>of dark roast Community coffee in my hand and Sleepy Dawg trailing along
>behind. Looks like bondoing the old screw holes in the greenhouse
>worked. No rain running down the walls and it was cozily warm in there.
>Ate a couple of Yellow Pear tomatoes that had ripened on the vine in a
>hanging basket, pulled a stem of lemon grass and chewed on the white end
>and watched it rain through the storm door. A pleasant way to wake up
>and smell the roses.

Oh George, how sublime...<wiping tear from eye>

><snip>
>We find ourselves getting the itch to prepare the spring garden <snip>

Well, who isn't?  I've got the planting jones... I too have been holding
myself back but am not going to make it much longer.  Last weekend I built
a light tower that is huge.  It's big enough to put in16 flats.  George,
I'm going to start a few of all the chili seeds you sent me.  I also have
Dowdeswell Delphinium seeds coming.

>Hope all are well and anticipating the arrival of spring.
>
>George, Miz Anne, and Sleepy Dawg

You have a nice weekend too!

Cynthia (who has been playing with the landscape design software I won in
the last essay contest on Donna Dawsons website)
**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **