Re: [gardeners] Re: vacuum system

Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:58:06 -0600

Shantihhh@aol.com wrote:

> While reading the info on buying a vacuum system I thought I might mention
> that there is a real good one that is from California that is on the info
> commercials for about $300 AND COSTCO sells it for about $175 including bags,
> containers, etc.  Refills are available from the company via mail order.
>
> We love ours!
>
> Mary-Anne

I have a Tilia Compact II from Sam's Wholesale Club, two years ago it was $159.00
and it works great. I put blanched veggies in the bag, vacuum seal them, and they
last for more than a year in the freezer with no freezer burn. There are several
places on the Net that sell vacuum sealers and you might want to scout the
rec.food.preserving newsgroup for several days to see what is out there.

George