Re: [gardeners] Winter never came!

Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:04:02 -0600

Harry Boswell wrote:

> George,
>
> What raspberries are you planting?

I planted Dorman Red last spring, they should bear this year. The
berries were purchased from Starks nursery in Missouri along with some
dwarf fruit trees suited for Zone 9b. The raspberries replaced some
boysenberries, purchased from a local nursery in about 1989, that never
did worth a hoot. One year we got 1 gallon of berries from a 50 foot row
then they went downhill. Hopefully the Dorman Red raspberries will do
better. If they don't then they will get pulled out and a southern
blackberry will go in, probably one of the varities recommend by TAMU
for the upper Texas Coast. Our weather, soil, etc. is exactly the same.

George