Re: [gardeners] Plum Trees

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 07 Mar 1999 10:55:53 -0600

Hi Ed,
    I checked my Texas Ag.Extension Service booklet #B-5079, Fruit Gardening in
the Landscape, and found these varieties recommended for Central Texas:
    Morris, Methley, Ozark, Premier, Bruce, Allred.
    The booklet also suggests that any plum planted in Texas be one that is
grafted on
Nemagaurd root stock.
    Hope this helps. No Latin names listed for these varieties.
Allen
Bastrop Co., Tx.