Re: [gardeners] Plant water

penny x stamm (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 00:13:04 -0500

Byron wrote:
>I do similar, except I do a little smaller for now, I use 1 drop
>of dish detergent and 1 drop of mouthwash per qt.
>Mouthwash helps kill the bad bacteria.

I would think that whatever kills the bad bacteria might also
kill the beneficial bacteria...?  I start the seedlings off in a
self-watering cell gadget, using only plain water. Once they
show 2 true leaves, I replenish the sub-water with my light
soap & fertilizer solution. You cannot believe the speed with
which they shoot up after that!

I'm concerned with chlorine in the tap water. That's why I like
to get the water ready to stand around for two days.

Penny, NY

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]