Re: [gardeners] cold

Matt Trahan (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:31:24 -0500

>Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 08:21:18 -0600
>From: George Shirley <gshirley@laol.net>

snip

>But, you see, I like the heat as much as you like the cold. I'm old enough to
>remember what it was like before air conditioning was so common and it didn't
>bother me then either. Our thermostat is set on 80F all summer and it
>maintains the house cool enough to tell the difference when you come in from
>outside. 105F is uncommon, mostly our summer temps are in the
>low-to-mid-nineties.
>
>George
>
>------------------------------

AMEN!! As I'm found of telling our local friends, "Yes I was born and
raised in Massachuesettes. That means I know better than to stay out in the
cold. Staying cold is NOT the reason why we moved down here."
 Maybe someday we'll move back to Hawaii... <VBG>

 "room temperature" for me means 75 to 80. (preferably with less than 100
percent humidity though ;-)

 When we decided to leave Hawaii due to the high cost of living, I wanted
the Keys, and she wanted Conneticut. We split the difference and ended up
here.

 I was working on a civilian ship with a philipino crew last Sunday. They
were bundled up like we used to be back in Mass in March. Temp was 50.
Guess it's part of where you're from and how thin your blood is. I've lived
in northern Alaska and Hawaii compliments of the Coast Guard. I'll stick
with Hawaii any day.

Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net> or <garden@juno.com>
USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.