Re: [gardeners] Fence, or something?

David G. Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 19:40:15 -0500

It doesn't get a whole lot of sun.  Japanese honeysuckle grows on it, as
much as I let it, but I don't think it would ever make a screen.  We're
officially zone 6, average 0 - 10F.  I would say it's pretty rare that it
gets under 10, it didn't this winter or last, but did the year before.  The
soil is pretty clay-ey down where the fence is.  Trumpet creeper isn't a
bad weed here.  Would any of those things make a screen in winter?  I split
firewood right next to that fence, too.

David