Re: [gardeners] Flax seed

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 13:00:40 -0600

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:39:52 -0500 (EST), Diane Birmingham wrote:

>I just bought a couple of pounds of flax seed (to make a nice soothing
>pillow for my eyes-mix chamomile with it) and was wondering if anyone
>thought the seeds would germinate as well.
>
>Diane in CT

Hi Diane,

I've had very good germination rates with flaxseed I've purchased from the
health food store.  It all depends on if they've been heat treated and how
old they are.  The sky blue flowers are very pretty.

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1
http://skybusiness.com/terraconnect/index.html