Re: [gardeners] Flax seed

Mon, 29 Mar 1999 15:22:44 -0600

Diane Birmingham wrote:

> I just bought a couple of pounds of flax seed (to make a nice soothing
> pillow for my eyes-mix chamomile with it) and was wondering if anyone
> thought the seeds would germinate as well.
>
> Diane in CT

Would be easy enough to determine if the flax seed is viable. Put several
seeds in a damp paper towel, place in a plastic bag and set on top of the
refrigerator for a few days. Check daily after that to see if they sprout.
Not sure when flax sprouts though.

Gonna grow your own flax and make your own linen? When you get to the part
where you let the flax fibers partially rot be sure your house is upwind.
<VBG>

George