Re: [gardeners] What's happnin' in NW Ohio

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:32:08 -0400

At 08:08 PM 4/19/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
<snip>>
>It was a special celebration today for my GP and I as we ordered 8 ton of
>black gold, composted chook poop to be more specific. <snip>We are excited!!!

Linda, how wonderful!  Sounds like good stuff.

><snip>A bit OT, but I need to find a better hand
>salve than what I've been using.  Have used Bag Balm and Burt's Bees Hand
>Salve.  Like to stay away from most petroleum products.  Anyone know of a
>good sandpaper softener on the market?
>
>Linda in NW Ohio near Toledo/Lake Erie, USDA Zone 5
>llbs@mail.glasscity.net

I go through the same problem year round... I don't have baby-butt-soft
hands, but the following helps.  Everytime I wash my hands, after the soap
I squirt on a half and half solution of vinegar and water and rub it in and
lightly rinse with cool water, (this neutralizes the pH of your skin
according to Kay) then I use Aveeno brand (colloidal oatmeal) lotion rubbed
in very well.  It works pretty good for me.  The vinegar solution actually
leaves my hands feeling silky.

Cynthia
**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **