Re: [gardeners] Re:Native fruit and nuts

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:55:04 -0500

Hi Kris,
    The ways to tell male from female grape vines is that they have two different
kinds of flowers and the female has grapes and the male does not.
    I haven't started clearing the grape vines yet. I'm waiting till the garden is
in a more manageable state. I didn't clear them this winter because I was wanting
to wait one more year to see if they were going to bear. It takes two years for a
vine to bear fruit.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.