Re: [gardeners] Re: Troubleshooting the water timer

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 09 May 1999 01:29:18 -0400

At 11:54 AM 5/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
>150 psig is what most refineries have for fire water pressure. I'm
surprised you
>don't blow a water line out of the ground when you snap shut a valve at that
>pressure. I've never encountered city water pressure higher than 50 psig
here in
>Louisiana or in Texas. Many only run 30 to 40 psig, ours here in LA is a
>consistent 50 psig. We seldom run a faucet more than half open unless we
have a
>long run of hose out.
>
>George

How does one measure the psi, coming out of the outside faucet?  I have my
own well.  Just curious.

I put in some drip irrigation in my front flower beds.  I really like it.
There is one place that I think I should splice in another line.  The drip
lines are very thin flexible pvc tubing so I don't think I'd want to put
that in an area like my cutting garden.  Too much traffic and working of
the soil.  Do you think soaker hoses would handle the foot traffic?

I think I'll put in some more of the drip line in the other flower borders.
:-)

Cynthia (who is expecting 35 to 40 degree F night time temps)

**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **