Re: [gardeners] Orientation of beds

Craig Watts (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 17:28:00 -0400

My squash and vine plants are east to west. They crawl towards the south.
the two foot spacing gives 'em time and space to grow.

My other plants, tomatoes and peppers grow straight up so schools still out
on that one.

Craig Watts
kingdomm@worldnet.att.net

----------
From: Harry Boswell <hboswell@netdoor.com>
To: gardeners@globalgarden.com
Subject: [gardeners] Orientation of beds
Date: Monday, June 14, 1999 12:38 PM

Quick poll:

Do your vegetable beds run east-west or north-south?  I've finally
finished building the screen house, and Janet has promised she will
leave me alone and let me do gardening for a while now (I have
*nothing* planted yet!).  I've been in the middle of building some new
raised
beds, and haven't placed them yet, so I'm wondering, since slope is not
an issue, which orientation is best?  It's full sun, BTW.

Thanks,
Harry