Re: [gardeners] Money in the pockets......

penny x stamm (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:22:49 -0400

Hello, Penny in Halifax --!  Has this weather extended all
the way up the coast to you?

Today the neighboring villages lost all power. It is hoped that
it will get back on by dinnertime, Wednesday.  Parts of New
Jersey are rationing their available power -- a few hours on, a
few hours off, so everyone can survive.

One of my daughters called and invited herself overnight. We're
more than happy to have her, with the only momentary problem
being room in the refrigerator!  With no A/C and no fridge, you
can imagine the run on the local restaurants tonight! It looked like
Thanksgiving weekend....

We were told that everyone on earth went out and bought a room
air conditioner over the 4th of July big sales, and that is what
overloaded the available supply.  Prosperity has its drawbacks..

Penny, NY