Re: [gardeners] Heat

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 09 Jul 1999 01:38:19 -0500

Hi Byron,
    I guess it was Huff and Puff and Blow it all the way north. Yall
really had it bad. Last year was our turn. This years gardening weather
was almost perfect. Last year was terrible.
    The temperatures that you are having now are what we normally expect
in late June through the middle of Sept. That is why we have to plant in
Feb. and March and hope we don't get a late freeze. We have to make our
gardens mature before the heat burns them up.
    My sympathies for the hot weather. Been there, done that, got the
T-shirt.
Allen
Bastrop Co., cooling off at 93* today, another thundershower, 1/2 inch
of rain
SE Central Tx.