Re: [gardeners] Woodchuck cuisine

David G. Smith (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 14:58:46 -0400

Is a woodchuck the same thing as a groundhog?  My brother-in-law claims to
have caught as many as a dozen in a season using peanut butter for bait.
He also recommends touching the trap as little as possible so it doesn't
get any human smell.  I think he even leaves his outside when he's not
using it.

We have two dogs, and are fortunate (?) to have a really loud one behind
us.  I think the combination keeps most four-legged pests away.  If I could
just get the birds to stop pecking holes in the strawberries and peaches
we'd be in good shape.

David Smith
(In Delaware, where we may finally get some rain!)