Re: [gardeners] BBQ Pit Conversion from Oil Drum -Reply

Penny Nielsen (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:31:54 -0300

Hi Allen

Its Thurs. pm . Hope we'll hear from you re your condition.  Hope I'm not being  - I don't know what - pushing it - just thinking of you and wishing you the best, that's all.

Penny in Halifax, N.S.

>>> Allen and Judy Merten <jbmerten@swbell.net> 07/13 6:56 pm >>>
Hi Penny,
    It seems more complicated than it is, the BBQ Pit that is. I still have not heard the results yet. I had expected to hear from my Dr. by Monday. I called today. Not in the office. His nurse thinks he is consulting with an associate of his that specializes in neck surgery. My Dr. will be in surgery all day Wed. also, so Thurs. at the earliest. Gettin' a little irritated at
the delay. Thank you for the kind thoughts.
    In the garden, still getting a few tomatos and lots of peppers. The tomato quality is going down hill. The stink bugs and grass hoppers are taking their toll.
    I pickled 8 pts. of jalapeno nacho slices, 4 qts of whole jalapenos, 1 pt. of whole jalapenos, and 1 pt. of Habaneros, last night.
    Starting about 100 tomato plants for the fall, along with Anaheim, Bananna, and  Jupiter Bell peppers. I am going to try to get the fall sweet corn planted this week if I can get some help with the manual labor. Hah! Rotsa Ruck!!
    Got to go put the roast on for supper. My hard workin' Judy will be getting home about 6:30.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.