Re: [gardeners] Southern Gardeners

Michael & Bambi Cantrell (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 5 Aug 1999 12:08:28 -0000

>Byron wrote:
>>
>> I hope you don't mind, but with all the poisions critters you have
>> how do you weed a garden with out being bit. ?
>>
>> I was thing about this while I was weeding at a balmy 72F. I don't
>> worry about them.
>>
>> Byron
>
>Snakes don't usually hang around where there's people activity. Only
>thing we really worry about here are fire ants and you learn pretty
>quick to watch for them. Plus, as hot as it is here, the critters are
>hunting cool places just like we are.
>
>George

So the easy answer is, we just don't weed.  It's too hot to be out
there this time of year.   Or we use a hoe and stand up and weed.
Or we've just got enough sense to watch for things that will
either kill us outright, or drag us down into their burrows and
eat us at their leisure.
Just some more of life's little ways to help control overpopulation
growth.
Sorry, sometimes I just can't help myself.........

Bambi
Coastal Carolina