Re: [gardeners] Allen Merten

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 09 Sep 1999 01:32:29 -0500

Hi George and All,
    I have been running up and down the road from Bastrop to Brenham to
Bryan/College Station taking care of my parents health problems. Mama is
72, took a bad fall, breaking her right arm just below the shoulder joint.
She is hospitalized in Brenham about 60 miles away. Dad is 70, being
treated for prostate cancer in Bryan/College Station(no treatment
facilities in Brenham), about 90 miles from Bastrop.
    The Fall garden is still an ambition, but missed out on fall potatos,
sweet corn and some others. Still have Habaneros, Jalapenos, Bell,
Cubanelles and Sweet 100's are coming back. I have 70 odd tomato seedlings
that I had planned on planting when the heat moderated a little. We had
100+ temp. every day in August, no rain since mid July. We have had
predications for rain for the last 3 days but not a drop. Tonight, the
weather man said forget the rain until sometime next week, maybe.
    I'll try to stay in touch. I'm catching up on over 1000 messages slowly
but surely.
Allen
Bastrop Co., 102F today
SE Central Tx.