Re: [gardeners] Rain

amler (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:24:41 -0400

Hey Rosemary,

Things are going well.  Love my new school but I am frustrated that my area
is still not quite finished. My storage closets have not been completed and
I have almost 200 band and orchestra instruments lining the walls of my
classrooms.

I worry about my rhodies, I have kept them watered but I know they are
still stressed.  I wish we had gotten more rain from the tropical storm.
Even my plants in deep shade have suffered this year and I had a LOT of
mulch piled on them.  Here's hoping we have a wet fall.

 At 12:44 AM 9/7/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Hey Myra: Hope all is well with you! The drought situation is horrible,
>isn't it? No rain here from Dennis at all. The ONLY thing I keep watering
>are the azaleas, rhodies, and mountain laurel - though the laurel was new
>this year and is really suffering. Don't know if I can save it or not. I'm
>just glad I didn't plant a bunch of perennials (that would now be lost) at
>my new house this spring! I almost did! All that I planted were those
>woodies....thank goodness!
>
>Rosemary in the hills of eastern KY

Myra Amler
Charlotte,NC
"Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?" Unknown