Re: [gardeners] Herbs during California's rainy season

Ron Hay (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 07:30:18 -0700

Good morning, Joy.

What are row covers?

I would love to try to save the serranos, since I have picked approximately 400
ripe, red chiles from just 4 (!) plants this year.

The oregano is just incredible! It is now covering about 6 square feet and
still on the move! The basil I obtained from our local Middle Eastern store,
where I put it in water to keep it fresh, only to find vigorous roots formed
after a few days, at which time I put it on the east side of our house in
partial sun, where it is now 3' tall and extremely vigorous:)

Thanks for your words of wisdom.

Ron