Re: [gardeners] November in a Los Angeles Garden

AMGarden@aol.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 06:35:34 EST

In a message dated 11/2/99 10:28:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ronhay@pacbell.net writes:

> Among the non-edibles, our philodendron, which I believe is called
>  "monstera deliciosa," because of its edible fruit, about the size of a
>  large banana, is about to bloom. This plant has 4' toothed leaves, and a
>  flower which looks like a jack-in-the-pulpit on steroids.

Can you tell me more about the edible fruits?  I have 5 of these in my back
yard.  They smell peppery when trimmed.  What does the fruit tase like?
Anne in FL
zone 9b, sunset 26