Re: [gardeners] Korean dinner

Neuru L - Classical Studies (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:15:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, George Shirley wrote:

> John Harman wrote:

snip>

> >         Her degree is printed in English ?? The subject was English ??
> >
> >         How can you get a degree in English from an American University.
> >         Americans can't even spell in English. Tire/tyre, color/colour,
> >         nite/night. :) You call petrol gas, you call lifts elevators,
> >         footpaths sidewalks, aircraft airplanes, cars autos, punnets
> >         flats, flats apartments...Harman is back from leave. :)
> >
> >         Asian restaurants out here are regularly busted by the health
> > dept. A standard trick is serving cat as chicken. Apparently with those
> > lovely spicy sauces they can disguise anything. They have no idea of
> > hygiene, although I believe the Japs do a little better.
> >
> > John
> > You also drive on the wrong side of the road. :)
>
> Sheesh Harman, have you ever listened to a gaggle of convicts, er, ah,
> Aussies, talking? That can't be English either or is it eyether?
>
> George

Good one George, and nice to hear from Harmon too..........

In Canada it's all a-jumble; I just graded 150 end-of-term essays and gor
color/colour, etc. sometimes in the same paper.  That's what happens with
British English in a north  American locale.

Lucinda

PS, Margaret did you get my email?  I was beginning to worry and am glad I
saw your userid tonight.  I have been very silent (hard to talk from under
a pile of essays).