Re: [gardeners] Tree Time

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:46:11 -0600

Harry,
    Your my kind of guy. That's the kind of decorations that I like too. We
always have a fresh cut tree that we go look for just like the old days. I wish
I had some candle lights, remember the old kind that bubbled? I want some of
those.
    Most years we put out over a thousand outdoor lights. We have 30-40 ft.
Eastern Red Cedars growing along our lane. We usually decorate 5 of them like
Christmas trees, lights, garland, ornaments, etc.
    The last year before I hurt my back we had the entire house out lined with
colored lights, roof, windows, doors, everything. Our kids said it looked like a
Griswold Christmas. It took 3 thousand chase lights that year. I hurt my back
the week after Christmas, got the screws and rods. So now if I decorate an
outside tree it has to be the Charlie Brown type Cedar trees. (:-{  It's just
not the same.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.
    SE Central Tx.