Re: I Re: [gardeners] Sunday in the Igloo

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 00:29:07 -0600

Penny,
    That's just too cold for a Texas boy to deal with. I'm glad that I'm down
here where it was 79* today. Should be in the high 70's to low 80's all week.

    Glad to hear that you and Jimmie are feeling better. The flu is still
going full bore around here.
    We created an album at Zing, a photo album site. I like these sites. It
is much safer to go to Zing and others rather than risking picking up a virus
through email attachments.
    Right now we have pictures of our Wildscape and wildflowers in the album.
As the garden begins to grow, we are going to post pictures of it at Zing.
    If you care to see the pictures the url is:
www.zing.com/cgi-bin/album.cgi?album_id=4294746501
    I worked in the garden again today until the fire ants ran me off.
'Course they did quite a bit of chewing before I made a fast exit through the
garden gate and into the house so that I could get out of the clothes that
they had taken over!! Washed them in HOT water.
    After my doctors appointment tomorrow, I'll see if the ant bait that I
put out was effective.
    Stay warm.
Allen
Bastrop Co., SE Central Tx.