Re: [gardeners] Bastrop Gardening and OT stuff

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 17:49:40 -0600

Hi Martha,
    Same here with the grasshoppers. We have had the 3rd mild winter
in a row. Last summer the grasshoppers were a plague. They would get
on the birdfeeders and eat the sunflower seeds that I put out for the
birds. I kept hoping for a flock of seagulls. I am going to get some
ducks this spring. I have read that they are heck on grasshoppers. I
know turkeys are. Maybe, we'll get turkeys, too.
    There is a BT type product for grasshoppers. I am going to use it
this year.
    Thank you for the kind thoughts about my back. So far, I'm not
impressed with the alleged super pain killer. Maybe the hype made me
expect more.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co., SE Central Tx.
    Zone 8, where we have been setting record highs all month - 88*
tops so far