Re: [gardeners] gardeners Digest V1 #765

Pauline & Gary (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:50:07 -0500

Penny, thanks for forwarding the comments on the Zephirine Drouhin.  I just
planted six of them and I will now stand back and see what happens.
Pauline

>Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 17:52:57 -0500
From: penny x stamm <pennyx1@Juno.com>
Subject: [gardeners] roses

Pauline, another word of caution on planting those ZD roses:
Penny,

I've got four ZD's in my garden.

In coastal South Carolina, mildew will be a problem - tell her to plant them
where there is plenty of air circulation.  And, yes, as everyone says, plant
them now.  ZD takes a year to establish.  Then, if she's happy, she'll bloom
like gangbusters.  Being a Bourbon, her heaviest blooms will be spring
and fall, but mine always have a blossom or two - and oh! the fragrance!
One more thing: Tell her to give them plenty of room because of the mildew!
Pat K., eastern Pennsylvania, garden expert