Re: [gardeners] seeds,Frost on the punkin

margaret lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 14:36:24 -0700

At 10:41 AM 2/8/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Ann, Margaret, Seana,
>We have fresh seed (packed for 2000) in Missouri, too.
>
>Margaret, why assume the employees were lying?  Maybe the people at the
>store who take care of the seed order arranged for the seed to be delivered
>in Feb., and it won't come any sooner for that reason. Maybe Ann's favorite
>nursery orders from a different company, with ship dates that aren't the
>same as other companies.  Whatever, there are  several possibilities to
>consider before accusing people of lying.
>
>In hindsight, if Ann wants to  plant peas next year, maybe she should mail
>order the seed ahead of time, just to be sure.
>
>--Kathy in Missouri, zone 5, clear and warm

Because garden center people have lied to me. I asked why they didn't carry
milled sphagnum moss, and they gave me a long lecture that it wasn't
available west of the Mississippi, blah, blah, blah. Had to use Captan to
counteract damping off. I went to another garden store in Boise (same
town), and bought a bag, then to another garden store and bought another
bag. I don't trust the people in the first garden store any more. They were
lying to cover their own oversight. Margaret L