Re: [gardeners] gardening happenings in Bastrop Co.

Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:24:02 -0600

Allen Merten wrote:

> Hi All,
>     The steroid injections went much better than anticipated. Several people
> told me that is the way it had been for them, but I anticipated much worse.
> Slept last night from 1:30 AM to 3:15 AM. The worse part was that I couldn't
> have anything to drink after 2:30. So, no coffee to keep me company. (;-}
>     I will get the other two sets of injections. I was near pain/trouble
> free with my arms and hands until about 6 PM. I sure hope that after the 3rd
> session, the relief will last longer.
>     I did manage to putter around in the garden long enough to plant 6
> Celebrity tomatos, 4 jalapenos, the last 2 Bertha Bell plants, and 3
> tomatillos that I had started from seed.
>     I think I'm done now with tomatos. I still need to plant yellow wax
> beans, yellow squash, Zucchini, and melons.
>     Thanks to all for your kind thoughts and prayers.
> Allen
> Bastrop Co., SE Central Texas
> Zone 8

Glad to hear you may be improving Allen. I'm going for steroid
injections on April 6 in both my shoulders. It's been so many years
since I had them the first time that I don't remember much. Of course I
can still function even with the bursitis, nothing as severe as what
afflicts you.

George