Re: [gardeners] State of the belly address

Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:10:08 -0500

No recipes needed Harry. I eat lots of protein, hardly any
carbohydrates. After losing the first 15 lbs I plateaued so added some
light exercise to the mix. I have to do exercises for my shoulders
anyway so added some deep knee bends, toe touching, and about 20 minutes
of Tai Chi every other day. I plateaued again at Easter. <VBG> Now I'm
dieting again. My carbs consist of light salads, green beans, carrots,
radishes, etc. No dried beans, no peas, no taters, no rice (sob), no
pasta, no bread. Every 10 or 12 days I come off the diet to eat some
carbs and satisfy that craving. Two days later I'm back on it.

I'm feeling better, folks are commenting on the weight loss, and my
stamina has risen. I'm hoping blood pressure and blood sugar will
contine to drop to normal levels too.

George